21학년도 신입생 원서접수 12월 1일~ 12월 11일
이태리 피렌체에 위치하고 있으며 12세기에 만들어져 수백 년의가업으로 이어져 내려온 전통호텔입니다. 또한 그들의 노하우를 전세계 호텔인들에게 전수하기 위해 체계적인 교육시스템을 구축하였으며 많은 후학들을 양성하고 있는 이태리 호텔전문학교이기도 합니다.
Villa Pitiana is situated at 430 Meters above sea level and its structure divides the last olive groves of Valdarno from the centuries-old trees of the Vallombrosa. On 3 July 1039 the Abbess Itta of the convent of Saint Ellero donated the land in Vallombrosa to S. Giovanni Gualberto but to maintain them had to add a farm with a vegetable garden and vines in Pitiana. Halfway through the 13th century Pitiana's strategic position made it a bone of contention in the florentine Guelp-Ghibelline struggles. The oldest part of the villa datating back to the 14th century is a "casa da signore", a fortified building with a high tower, used as refuge by villagers in times of war.
In the summer of 1483 Lorenzo il Magnifico de Medici tried to purchase the villa from it military don Biagio Milanesi however it remained under military influence due to its strategic location. From the 15th to the 17th centuries, Tuscan agriculture underwent one of its most difficult periods. Political power was now under the control of merchants and bankers and commercial activity was subsidised to the detriment of farming.
Pitiana underwent a vast restoration in the Renaissance period: in 1610, as shown by a large engraving at the entrance of the castle, the rear wing was added with its three floor facade.From the same period is the late-Mannerist coat-of-arms with the staff of S. Giovanni Gualberto and the mitre, the symbol of the bishopric dignity of the abbot of Vallombroda, in the larger courtyard of Pitiana.
In 1808 when Tuscany was annexed to Napoleon's empire the Abbey of Vallombrosa was surrpressed and all its possessions including Pitiana were alienated to private owners to replenish the state coffers- except the forest which remained state owned. The Church however managed to regain ownership of Pitiana for a brief period. Eventually, Villa Pitiana passed into the possession of the Grottanelli family. At the end of the 19th century the Pitiana farm was transformed into a villa, yet maintaining farming activities in some parts of the estate.